Dark, plump, and fruity, SHILOH FARMS Thompson Seedless Raisins are a seedless variety rich in nutrients, including protein, iron, calcium, & potassium.
Raisins are the most abundantly used dried fruit and Thompson Seedless among the most popular varieties. In fact, they are so common that you might not realize the wonder of nature that is responsible for them. Allowed to dry naturally in the hot sun, Thompson Seedless grapes darken in color from pale yellow-green to a rich golden-brown. All the while, their pure sweetness and wonderful flavor gradually deepens and intensifies, resulting in this plump, fruity treat!
• 1 pound seedless raisins = about 3 cups
• When using raisins in baked goods, toss the raisins in a bit of the recipe flour (not extra flour). This will help keep them from sinking to the bottom of the pan when baking.
• Raisins' natural sweetness may allow you to reduce the amount of sugar or other sweetener in your recipe.
• Most raisins benefit from being plumped before using. Soak the raisins in either a bit of the recipe liquid or hot water for 10 to 15 minutes before using until they plump up.
• Hardened raisins can be revived and separated by placing them in a bowl with a bit of hot water for about 10 to 15 minutes.
• Refrigeration is recommended for storage in a sealed container.
1. Raisins can be used interchangeably for other chopped dried fruits in cereals, trail mixes, and baked goods.
2. Raisins go especially well with apples and pears. Add some to fruit salads or applesauce.
3. Add a little sweetness to salads, grain pilafs, and side dishes.
4. For another savory twist, add raisins to curries.
Certified Organic by Pennsylvania Certified Organic (www.paorganic.org)
Certified Kosher by KOF-K Kosher Supervision (www.www.kof-k.org)