1. Use carob powder anywhere you would cocoa: baked goods, smoothies, puddings, sauces, etc.
2. Start by substituting only half the cocoa in your recipe with carob until you get more used to working with it.
3. To ensure solubility, make a smooth paste of carob powder and warm water before adding to other ingredients.
4. Substitute about 1.5 to 2 parts by weight of carob for each part of cocoa.
5. When replacing baking chocolate, substitute 3 Tbsp. carob powder + 1 Tbsp. water or milk for each square of chocolate.
6. Because carob is naturally sweet, you may need to adjust the amount of other sweeteners in your recipe.