It’s half fruit and cheese plate, half green salad – but this grilled beauty is all flavor! This stellar salad will steal the show at your next potluck barbecue or summer soirée
- 2firm ripe peaches, halved, pits removed
- 2firm ripe plums or nectarines halved, pits removed
- 2firm ripe apricots, halved, pits removed
- 2tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 2tablespoons honey
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1container (5 oz) Spring Mix or Arugula
- 4oz crumbled feta cheese or Mozzarella
- 1/4cup chopped roasted, salted almonds
Heat gas or charcoal grill. Brush cut sides of peaches, plums/nectarines and apricots with melted butter. Place fruit cut sides down on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until grill marks form; turn 90°F, and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer to make perpendicular grill marks.
Transfer fruit to cutting board; let cool 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Cut fruit into wedges.
Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat olive oil, honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper with whisk. Reserve 1/4 cup of vinaigrette in container; set aside. Add greens to large bowl of remaining vinaigrette; toss to coat. Transfer to serving platter. Return reserved vinaigrette to large bowl; add grilled fruit, and toss to coat.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?