Plum Torte (Gluten-free)
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Source: NYTimes.com (adapted)
This gluten-free torte is so delicious and can be made with many different types of fresh fruit. Apart from plums, we've used apples, pears, blueberries, raspberries and pluots. Mmmmmm!
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup Jessica' All Purpose Flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
24 halves pitted purple plums
Juice from 1/2 lemon
Sugar and cinnamon for topping.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream sugar and butter in a bowl. Add flour, baking powder, salt and eggs, and beat well.
3. Spoon the batter into a spring form of 8, 9 or 10 inches. Place the plum halves skin side up on top of the batter. Squeeze lemon juice over the fruit. Sprinkle lightly with sugar, depending on the sweetness of the fruit. Sprinkle with about 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, or to taste.
4. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Remove and cool; refrigerate or freeze if desired (but first, double-wrap the tortes in foil, place in a plastic bag, and seal). Or cool to lukewarm, and serve.
5. To serve a torte that has been frozen, defrost and reheat it briefly at 300 degrees.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?