The perfect holiday dinner side dish! These veggies are super easy to make and super delicious.
1 pound honeynut squash, peeled and cut into chunks (about 3 1/2 cups honeynut squash chunks)
1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half (about 4 cups)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp honey, divided
Salt, to taste
1/2 cup (62g) dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with non stick spray.
2. Add the squash to a large bowl and toss with cinnamon.
3. Add the brussels sprouts to the bowl and toss all with olive oil and 1 tablespoon of honey. Add salt to taste.
4. Spread the vegetables evenly onto the baking sheet, placing the brussels sprouts so they are cut side down.
5. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes (timing will depend on the cut size of your veggies). Add the dried cranberries to the baking sheet for the last five minutes. Remove from the oven when fork tender.
6. Add the brussels, honeynut squash and cranberries back to the large bowl. Add the remaining honey and gently toss. Serve immediately.