This pie is a must make during peach season. Fresh peaches are layered into a cooked pie shell, then you make a homemade peach glaze to pour over the top! Amazing! Our Nana made this for Papa every year!
- Try our seasonal 2 pack organic pie shells from Wholly Wholesome
- 4 cups peaches, peeled and sliced (I used 6 smallish peaches)
- 1 cup mashed fresh peaches (I used 3 smallish peaches)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar or alternative ie..coconut, xylitol, monk fruit crystals
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch or alternatives ie arrowroot, wheat or rice flour etc..
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter or vegan substitute
Peel and slice the peaches 4 peaches (about 4 cups) then set aside.
In a medium-sized pot, mix together the 1 cup of mashed peach and water. Cook for 4 minutes over medium heat. Add the sugar and cornstarch and cook until clear. It will thicken up and be a nice thick glaze. Remove from heat and add the lemon, salt and butter. Stir until the butter is melted and then let the mixture cool.
Arrange the sliced peaches in the bottom of the cooked and cooled pie shell. Pour the peach glaze over the top. Chill in the refrigerator.
Serve cold with sweet whipped cream or coconut if desired. Or vanilla ice cream is good too.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?